Thursday 18 February 2016

Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara Review


I've seen so many people on twitter recently talking about the new Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara that I couldn't really not try it for myself. As in the name, it's supposed to create a false lash look by plumping and volumising lashes. Personally I prefer more natural, fluttery looking lashes and I'm really not one to wear false lashes either, so I was intrigued to see how I got on with this mascara. One of it's main selling points is that it contains styling wax which is supposed to keep lashes lifted. I've never heard of a mascara containing wax before, but it does seem to be a bit thicker and wetter than most mascaras I've tried.


Maybelline have also designed a 'Push-Up brush' with 'cup-shaped bristles' to work with their unique formula to boost and thicken lashes. If I'm honest I can't really see how the bristles are cup-shaped, to me it just looks like a straight brush with thick, stubby spikes. The design of the brush however does hold a lot of product, which works really well with this type of very wet, very thick formula.



As I mentioned before, the mascara itself has a very wet formula which makes it great for gradually building up the layers if you're after something more like a false lash look. The down side being it's quite tricky to work with, you can end up with a clumpy mess of lashes quite quickly! I found the best way to use it is with a light hand, applying light layers and building the volume up that way.

You can see in the image below just one coat is more than enough for long, fluttery lashes, exactly what I would go for every day. I was really impressed with how much length it gave my lashes too, they were practically touching my eyebrows! That might have had something to do with the lift it gives your lashes too, mine are quite straight but with this mascara it genuinely looked as if I'd curled them. The lift lasts pretty much all day too, very impressive! It was a little flaky at the end of the day but no more so than any other mascara and it didn't smudge at all under my eyes, even after a whole days wear. I'd say the longevity is about average but considering it looked just as good after a sweaty gym session, it gets the thumbs up from me!

                                                  Left Eye - One Coat                      Right Eye - Two Coats

I was slightly dubious about trying the Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama mascara because as I've already said, I prefer something a bit more natural. However I actually really, really like this mascara! It does take a little getting used to when you first start using it, but I love how versatile it is. You can create natural looking fluttery lashes or really build it up to a thick, bold false lash style. It's a great all rounder!

Have you tried the new Maybelline Push Up Drama Mascara? Let me know your thoughts below!

Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara - £7.99 boots.com 

Ellie x

(p.s. please excuse the current state of my brows, I'm fully aware of how unruly they look and am planning on getting them sorted asap!)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig