Thursday 14 January 2016

Recent Additions To My Skincare Routine


I've been trialling quite a few new skincare products recently, some of which I got in the Look Fantastic Advent Calendar over Christmas and others I bought myself. I really started paying more attention to my skincare routine in 2015, figuring out what worked for me and what didn't. However I feel like now my skin has maybe gotten used to some of the products I've been using regularly (is that even a thing?!) and it doesn't respond in the same way it used to. What used to treat my spots now doesn't really do anything for example. Plus it's always interesting to try out new products on your skin to see whether they make more of a difference. 

One thing that's changed for me in the past year is how I remove my makeup. For a long time I used the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish which I'm still a fan of, but it didn't really feel like it was doing much for my skin any more. That's when I started trying other cleansers and using micellar waters. The most recent being the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water for combination/sensitive skin and the Eve Lom Cleanser


I use the Garnier Miccellar Cleansing Water mostly just to take off my eye makeup before cleansing or just generally to clean up my makeup. Sometimes however I will use it to completely take off all my makeup if I'm in a rush, feeling lazy or before having a shower. It removes literally every inch of my makeup and leaves my skin feeling spotless. It mattifies too which is great for someone like me with a very oily t-zone! It does so without being over drying on my skin or leaving it feeling tight, it actually feels quite soft. Having tried both I'd say it's definitely on a par with Bioderma and for a fraction of the price, I think it's a really great product. Available here for £4.99. 

The Eve Lom Cleanser I received in the Look Fantastic 2015 Advent Calendar and was probably the one product I was most excited about using from the calendar. It's a sample size, only 30ml, but a little goes a long way so hopefully it will last me a few more weeks yet! So far I really like it, it removes nearly all my makeup, though it is a little difficult to budge mascara etc with. It feels really luxurious to use, which I guess it should considering it costs £40 for 50ml, and leaves my skin feeling so incredibly soft and moisturised. I can't say I've noticed a difference in the appearance of my skin yet, but it'd definitely less oily in the mornings. Considering the price, as much as I would like to, I probably won't be purchasing a full size version of the Eve Lom Cleanser. I'll definitely make the most of what I have left however! Available here from £40.

Cult 51 was a brand I had never even heard of when I got the Cult 51 Night Cream in the Look Fantastic Advent Calendar. A quick google turned up that it's the world most expensive anti-ageing night cream at £125! It is a real pleasure to use but like the Eve Lom Cleaser, I'm making the most of it until it runs out because I certainly won't be buying it! It smells incredible, like a really expensive spa, and just a small amount makes my skin feel so hydrated. I really love using it, it's such a shame it's so expensive! Available here for £125.


After looking for a new day cream that would help with my blemishes, I decided on the Vichy Normaderm Global anti-imperfection hydrating care. I've literally only been using it for a few days so I can't comment on any improvements in my skin just yet. I might just review it properly and give it it's own post. It smells really fresh and sinks into my skin easily without leaving it feeling greasy. I like it so far but don't want to get my hopes up in case it does nothing for my blemishes! Available here for £13.50.

Yet another product that I've been trying from the Look Fantastic Calendar is the Pai. Rice Plant & Rosemary BioAffinity Skin Tonic. I absolutely LOVE this stuff, I'm convinced it's what's improved my skin these last few weeks! It calms, tones and rebalances skin and is specifically formulated for combination skin. I really do feel like it's rebalanced my skin as it's less oily and I already have less blemishes after only a few weeks. Despite being a little on the pricey side, I'll definitely be purchasing this! Available here for £30.

Lastly, I ventured away from my all time favourite Body Shop Vitamin E Hand & Nail Cream recently (although it's still my favourite!) and gave the L'Occitane Zesty Lime Hand Cream a try. I'm not even sure where I got this hand cream from, I think it might have been free with a magazine a while back! Anything citrus scented I love and this really is zesty! It contains shea butter so it's very moisturising too. I've tried quite a few L'Occitane products recently and I'm becoming a big fan! Available here for £8.

Have you made any recent additions to your skincare routine that I should know about? Let me know in the comments below!

Ellie x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig