Saturday 9 January 2016

L'Oreal False Lash Sculpt Mascara Review


I just can't decide on a favourite mascara at the moment. For a long while it was L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara but now I seem to buy a different one every time I run out. One thing that does stay consistent however is how much I really like L'Oreal mascaras. Enter the L'Oreal False Lash Sculpt Mascara, my most recent purchase and the newest addition to the False Lash range. It's main selling points are that it 'tightlines at the root, volumizes at the core and fans out at the tip'. Doesn't that sound like an interesting premise? Definitely something I would be interested in from a mascara!


At first glance I really wasn't sure of this mascara, it just looks so odd! The wand is designed with a curved comb on one side only and has short bristles, that taper to almost non existent at the end. After giving it a try however it did change my mind. The comb fits perfectly to the shape of the eye and combs evenly through single lashes. Once you start applying it you quite quickly get a natural, fluttery lash look without having to apply too much. After one coat I was more than happy with how my lashes looked and for everyday, I probably would have stopped there. It had lengthened and fanned out my lashes perfectly. My one little snag is that it is a little difficult to get to the corner lashes with how the edge of the wand is designed. 

The second coat worked to thicken my lashes more and create a darker base at the roots. As the first coat had dried so quickly however, it made it quite hard to work with without my lashes starting to clump together. After a few uses I've realised it's best to work quickly with the False Lash Sculpt Mascara if you want to apply more than one coat. On the plus side, the quick dry time does minimise smudging!   


It's not the most lengthening mascara in the world, neither does it add a whole lot of volume. I suppose it did darken the roots of my lashes slightly to create a kind of tight lining effect, but it was no more noticeable than any other mascara I've tried. The design of the wand however does make it really easy to coat the root of the lashes without the need to really wiggle the brush around.

If you like your lashes to look long, fluttery and above all natural then the L'Oreal False Lash Sculpt Mascara would be a good one to try. It's currently retailing here for £5.99 reduced from £9.99, so there's no better time to give it a try whilst it's on offer! 

Ellie x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig