Tuesday 26 January 2016

Everyday Makeup Essentials


When I set out to do this post about my everyday makeup essentials I didn't actually think I wore that much makeup day to day. Then I laid all the products out to take photos and now I seriously can't believe I put all of that on my face! This is what I'd use for a 'natural' look too, it really makes you think! But anyway, these are the products I'd use if I want to make a bit of an effort without looking like I'm wearing a lot of makeup. It probably takes me about 5-10 minutes to put all this on but usually I don't like to rush my makeup application. I have been known to spend over an hour just on my makeup! 

(Oh and just so you know, I find the smudges on the mirror in the picture above just as annoy as you do, but I just couldn't bring myself to take the pictures all over again!)


Starting off with the base, I need products with staying power on my oily skin. My go to's are currently Soap & Glory One Heck Of A Blot Foundation, Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Concealer, L'Oreal True Match Touche Magique Concealer and Maybelline Matte Maker Powder
Soap and Glory One Heck Of A Blot Foundation starts as a liquid and turns to a powdery consistency on your skin. It's extremely matte and while it is powdery, it doesn't look cakey on the skin at all. It's pretty full coverage too but to cover up any remaining redness/spots I use Maybelline Superstay Concealer. This stuff is heavy duty concealing at it's best, I would highly recommend this one along with Maybelline Better Skin Concealer. Both are really great concealers that work well on oily skin. 

As for concealing under my eyes, well it depends on how good a nights sleep I've got but generally, I don't have much of an issue with dark circles. L'Oreal Touche Magique is a lightening, under eye concealer that does't have any noticeable shimmer in it like a lot of others do. I tend to only apply it underneath the inner corner of my eye and blend it down and out as I need to. 
To give me extra assurance that all my makeup isn't going to have slid down my face half way through the day, I use Maybelline Matte Maker Powder. As a rule I only ever apply powder to my t-zone, but since I've started using the Soap & Glory Foundation I mostly just use powder on spots and around my nose.


As for what I use on my eyes, you'll probably never see me without Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in the shade 'Stag'. It's a dark brown liner that I like to apply from the middle to the outer part of my eye, on both the top and bottom lash line which I then blend out. Coupled with L'Oreal False Lash Sculpt Mascara, it gives me a natural, thick and fluttery lash look. Above all I like to have long lashes and this mascara is great for that. If you want to check out the review I did of it recently then click here

On my eyebrows I've recently started using Maybelline Brow Satin Eyebrow Pencil in the shade dark brown. It's double-ended, on one is a push up 'gel pen' and on the other a cream powder. The general idea is you use the powder to set the pencil/pen/whatever it is in place, but I just use the pencil/pen on it's own. I have pretty thick brows anyway so I don't have too much use for a eyebrow pencil, but I use it to fill in any gaps and to give them a bit more of a defined shape. Bearing in mind, I don't actually tend to fill my eyebrows in every day. I thought I'd include it anyway however as it's something I've started doing every so often and I know that most people include it in their everyday makeup routine.


To finish I use either of the shades 'Robotic' or 'Blasphemy' from the Nars One Shocking Moment Cheek Studio Palette. They're the two lightest pink shades from the palette which give me a natural flush of colour back to my cheeks, definitely needed with the high coverage One Heck Of A Blot Foundation!

On my lips I always go for a nude shade. If you're interested in seeing my favourite nude lipsticks then you can read my post on it here. The last few days I've been choosing to wear Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Liquid Lipstick in the matte shade 10 'Don't pink of it!', so that's the one I decided to include in the post. It's a slightly peach-ey, pale pink colour that's only slightly darker than my natural lip shade. My lips but better as beauty vloggers love to say!

Products mentioned:
Soap & Glory One Heck Of A Blot All Day Liquid-to-Powder Foundation - £12 boots.com 
Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Concealer - £6.19 boots.com
L'Oreal True Match Touche Magique Concealer - £7.99 boots.com
Maybelline Matte Maker Powder - £3.99 boots.com
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil - £15.50 johnlewis.com
L'Oreal False Lash Sculpt Mascara - £9.99 boots.com
Maybelline Brow Satin Eyebrow Pencil - £5.99 boots.com
Nars One Shocking Moment Cheek Studio Palette - £45 spacenk.com
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Liquid Lipstick - £8.99 boots.com

What are you're everyday makeup essentials? I'd love to know what products you'd suggest I try so let me know in the comments!

Ellie x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig