Wednesday 18 November 2015

Powder Foundation For Oily Skin - L'Oreal True Match Mineral Foundation Review


Like most girls of my generation, Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse was my first foray into foundation. It's safe to say it wasn't the best foundation in the world and it put me off using anything other than liquid foundation for a long time! Recently though I was watching Helen Anderson on youtube and she used the L'Oreal True Match Mineral Powder Foundation. I was so impressed with the flawless finish it gave her that I went out the next day and bought it. 
(FYI if you're not subscribed to Helen already then you should be! youtube.com/user/snakebitesparkles) 

I bought the shade D1.W1 Golden Ivory which I'm pretty sure is the lightest shade. For the time being it's a really great colour match for me, but I'm not so sure how good it will be by the time we get to the depths of winter and my skin is super pale! That is one of the downsides to the L'Oreal True Match Powder Foundation unfortunately, the variety of shades available here in the UK really is quite poor, sort it out L'Oreal! 


I've been using the L'Oreal True Match Powder Foudation for about three weeks now, long enough I think to give it a thorough review. Before I tried it I had the misconception that powder foundations were for people who already had perfect skin and it wouldn't cover any of my blemishes. Well boy was I wrong! The coverage really is amazing, to the point where I've stopped having to use concealer on the redness around my nose and on any spots or remnants of spots. It's not so great at covering dark circles however so I still use a brightening concealer under my eyes. 

The best thing about it though has to be that it's cut a good five minutes off my makeup routine! I no longer find myself having to do loads of concealing and I don't need to apply a mattifying powder either because it does that job itself. I have a very oily t zone and using the L'Oreal Powder Foundation keeps my skin from looking shiny way longer than any liquid foundation ever has! It doesn't cling to oily areas like I thought it would, instead it just creates a flawless, matte finish and gives you what I'd say is medium coverage that's build-able.


The L'Oreal True Match Powder Foundation is 95% minerals so essentially it's made from mostly natural ingredients. It also contains no perfume, no preservatives, is oil free and also non-comedogenic aka it doesn't clog your pores(yes I had to google that!). I have quite sensitive skin so putting loads of chemicals and perfumes on it definitely doesn't agree with me, it will be interesting to see if there'll be any improvement in the redness and general appearance of my skin from using it. 

It is a great, cheaper alternative to some of the more expensive mineral powder foundations out there but I am disappointed in how limited the shade range is. I'm really impressed however with the coverage it provides and would thoroughly recommend it to those of you with oily/combination, it's great at keeping shine at bay! Although a little pricier than most budget foundations, I don't seem to have even made a dent in my pot yet so I have a feeling it's going to last me a while!

L'Oreal True Match Mineral Powder Foundation - £14.99 boots.com

Ellie x

p.s. Sorry there are no swatch pictures to accompany this review, the lighting has been really poor every time I've tried to take pictures! I'm make sure to add them as soon as!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig