Tuesday 6 October 2015

Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipsticks - Review & Swatches


The Color Sensational Creamy Matte lipsticks are the newest release from Maybelline here in the UK. There are currently six shades available, Craving Coral, Rose Rush, Divine Wine, Magnetic Magenta and Nude Embrace. I picked up every shade except for Nude Embrace, mainly because I wasn't a fan of the pale nude shade and I knew I'd never use it! There aren't many 'every day' shades in the range as of yet but considering how many shades there are available in the US, I'm sure it's likely they'll be bringing out more colours soon. 


I mostly prefer to wear a matte lipstick day to day but I really hate the drying effect that a lot of them have. Thankfully I had no problems like that with the Maybelline Creamy Matte lipsticks. The creamy texture means they're easier to apply than your regular matte lipstick whilst still having a matte finish which doesn't show up all the little cracks in your lips. They don't tend to last as long as a regular matte lipstick however but I didn't really find this much of an issue. They're just so much more comfortable to wear and they still last a good three or four hours. The colour pay off is great too, really vibrant and hardly any fading. I didn't get the neatest application from them unfortunately, I think that's probably because it's a new lipstick with sharp edges. If I'd have applied with a lip brush I'm sure I would have got a neater finish. 

     Divine Wine                                                                     Magnetic Magenta
                             Craving Coral                                                                      Rose Rush

I got on really well with the Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte lipsticks, the colour pay off is great and I LOVE the creamy matte finish. Like I already said it isn't the most wearable collection of colours, I'm not really a bright lip kinda girl so I'm not too sure how much use I'll get out of them. Maybe now is a good time to start being more brave with colour!

Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipsticks - £6.99 superdrug.com

Ellie x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig