Sunday 9 August 2015

L'Oreal Paris False Lash Superstar Mascara Review


It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of L'Oreal mascaras, my absolute favourite being L'Oreal Miss Manga. They're been quite innovative with mascaras of late, giving us new kinds of brushes and formulas. One of their newest additions is the False Lash Superstar Mascara, a two step system with a 'super-sizing primer' and 'black fibre', 'lengthening top coat'. I've never used a double ended mascara before, if I'm honest I thought they were a bit of a 'fad', so I was quite sceptical when it came to giving it a try. 

Step 1 is a white primer on a 'corset' shaped brush which basically just means it's thinner in the middle. It works as a base by lightly coating and lengthening/thickening lashes. Step 2 then coats the primer with a black fibre formula using a curved, lengthening and thickening brush designed to fit the shape of your eye.  


Both brush ends are designed really well and don't feel like an after thought because if I'm honest, I thought it would just have the same style brush on both ends. The primer brush really evenly coats the lashes and fans them out, while the second brush makes it easy to coat all the lashes with black and add extra length and volume. I've been using it every day for about a week now and each time has been completely clump free, no annoying lashes sticking together or big gloopy bits of mascara! What's more, using the white primer first really highlights all the lashes and makes it easy to pick up on any lashes you miss when you're applying the second black base. 

Also something else I have to mention, unlike any other mascara I've ever used, when the mascara dries it doesn't go all hard and crispy. This will probably sound weird but the only way I can explain it is that they stay feeling really soft and supple, like you don't have tons of product on your lashes. 

- One coat -

Just one coat of the second black coat works really well for me for an everyday look. I like my eyelashes to look really long and fanned out and the False Lash Superstar mascara does the job perfectly. Normally I do two coats of mascara and seeing as this is a two step mascara and I don't need to repeat the second step, it doesn't take up any more time than my regular routine.

If you're the type who likes long, fluttery, fanned out lashes then the L'Oreal Paris False Lash Superstar Mascara is the one for you. One coat of each end of the mascara is all that's needed for fluttery lashes, perfect for a daytime look. This one gets a big thumbs up from me!

(Oh and please excuse how awful my eyebrows look in the pictures above. I'm planning on giving them a right good seeing to with some wax strips as soon as!)

L'Oreal Paris Flase Lash Superstar Mascara - £10.99 boots.com

Ellie x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig