Wednesday 29 July 2015

Products For Healthy, Shiny Hair Under £5


Ask anyone I know and they'll tell you I'm quite obsessive over my hair! I love styling it and recently I added highlights in for the summer so it's really important to me to keep it in healthy condition and protect it from damage. I thought I'd share my current favourites to keep my hair looking shiny and split end free, all of which you can by for under a fiver!

Until recently I didn't think much about what I was using to wash and condition my hair. Herbal Essences has always been my favourite mainly because I really like how it smells. Please tell me I'm not the only one who decides which shampoo to buy by sniffing it! At the beginning of this year Herbal Essences brought out the Clearly Naked line, a range of shampoos free from parabens, colourants and silicones and conditioners containing zero parabens and colourants. I've been using the Moisture range for about four months now and it has made such a difference to my hair! I like to wash my hair every couple of days so not to dry it out and since I've been using it I get barely any kind of greasy build up in my hair. It feels so incredibly clean for days rather than just the one! The shampoo lathers up really nicely and combined with the conditioner leaves a fresh, slightly minty fragrance.



There is no way I ever let my hair dry naturally, it's far too frizzy and kinky so unfortunately I rely on heat to tame it. For years I've used TRESemme Heat Defence Spray to protect my hair from damage, it's the only one I've ever used that sprays just the right amount of product on my hair so doesn't cause any kind of greasy build up. It's also one of the cheapest heat defence sprays you can buy too!

As well as protection from heat, I like to make sure I don't suck all the moisture out of my hair so I always use a leave in conditioner, my favourite at the moment being the Aussie Miracle Recharge Shine Leave-in Conditioner. Especially since I've put some highlights in my hair for the summer, I want to keep it feeling healthy and looking shiny and this does just that. It's very lightweight and doesn't weigh down your hair at all like some other leave in conditioners I've tried.



Since I cut my hair short I worried about it not having enough fullness so my hairdresser suggested I use a mousse. I have quite thick hair which gets weighed down at the roots and goes flat. The VO5 Extra Body Styling Mousse gives my hair more fullness at the roots and yet it's really lightweight and feels like I don't even have any products in my hair. On top of that it also includes 'Climate Control Technology with UV Filter' which 'provides 24hr humidity and environmental protection' which makes it perfect for Summer!

 Have you tried any of these products? Let me know your thoughts below! I'd also love to hear what hair products you guys have been loving lately, let me know your recommendations!

Herbal Essences Clearly Naked 0% Moisture Shampoo 400ml - £3.99 boots.com
Herbal Essences Clearly Naked 0% Moisture Conditioner 400ml - £3.99 boots.com
TRESemme Protect Heat Defence Spray - £3.32 superdrug.com
Aussie Miracle Recharge Shine Leave-in Conditioner - £4.69 boots.com
VO5 Extra Body Styling Mousse - £3.99 boots.com

Ellie x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig