Monday 27 July 2015

My Secret To Clear Skin - Quick Fix Facials Purifying Charcoal Mask


I honestly thought when I reached my twenties all my teenage spots would disappear but boy did that ever NOT happen! Much to my annoyance I have a very oily t-zone meaning there's always at least a few spots making themselves at home on my face. It's totally stupid to let it bother me because I know it could be so much worse. It doesn't make me any less insecure about my skin though, I'm only human after all. 

Recently I tried a few sample pots of the Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask and I absolutely loved it but at £23, it's not really in my budget. After perusing the shelves of Boots to see what alternative face masks they had, I came across Quick Fix Facials. Not having heard of this brand before I was really intrigued as they had so many different varieties including a charcoal mask, for less than £5 each! I ended up picking the Purifying Charcoal Mask, mainly because I wanted to see how it compared to the Origins mask and I have to say, I was very pleasantly surprised!


Just like the Origins mask, the main ingredient of the Quick Fix Purifying Charcoal Mask is Active Charcoal to help 'clear deep-dwelling pores and free skin of toxins and impurities'. It also contains Dragon Fruit which is 'bursting with vitamin c' and 'helps moisturise', as well as Cinnamon extract which has 'reputed antiseptic properties'. The main selling point of this mask to me was that it's for people with black heads, white heads and general problem skin. Well that's basically my skin in a nutshell.

So how good is it? Well actually it's really bloody good! I've had one spot since I started using it about three weeks ago which for me is completely unheard of! This was one of those annoying 'time of the month' spots but as soon as it popped up I used the mask on it and within a day it had reduced in size and redness considerably. After a few days it had gone completely and I haven't had any others since! Amazing! I tend to use it about twice a week after a hot shower so my pores are nice and open and the mask can really work it's magic. I apply a really thick layer and leave it on for about 10 minutes until it's just starting to dry then wash it off with warm water. It feels a little tingly on the skin to start off with but not uncomfortably so and it disappears after a minute or so. My skin feels amazing soft after using it too, in fact my Dad actually mentioned that my skin looked really glowy and he's never normally one to notice stuff like that!


I do have one slighly negative thing to say about the Quick Fix Charcoal Mask however and that is the smell. I'm not really sure whether I like it or not. It's has a pleasant citrus hint to it which is overpowered by quite a strong scent of cinnamon. It's not unpleasant, I just think I would have liked it more if the scent of cnammon wasn't so strong. It reminds me too much of the smell of a christmas candle! It's definitely not enough to put me off using it or repurchasing it however, I'm just one of those people that are very sensitive to smells. I literally can't go near Lush shops or Yankee Candle stalls without wanting to gag!



Of course what works for me may not work the same for everyone else but I really am impressed with the results I've had from using the Quick Fix Facials Purifying Charcoal Mask. It's cleared up my problem areas and made a noticeable improvement in my skin, I'd totally recommend it over the Origins Charcoal Mask any day! Not just because it's nearly a fifth of the price (both are 100ml) but also because I had far better results from it than I did the Origins one. They're only available from Boots and Tesco as far as I'm aware so keep your eyes peeled for them!

Have you tried any of the Quick Fix Facials masks? Let me know your thoughts below!

Quick Fix Facials Purifying Charcoal Mask - £4.99 boots.com

Ellie x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig