Wednesday 3 June 2015

Going 'Bronde' - L'Oreal Preference Glam Highlights Review



I feel like I'm being really daring with my hair recently, you know what with cutting it all off into a short bob and that. But apparently that wasn't enough for me, apparently I needed to dye it for the first time in 10 years too. So I did dye it with much trepidation and low and behold it came out exactly how I wanted it to. What are the odds of that happening! 

Really though I just fancied a bit of a change up for the summer and don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of my natural brunette colour but there's something thrilling about having little streaks of gold through your hair. It just makes me feel all light and summery! And now I kinda want to go blonde. Eeeek.


It was pretty simple to do actually, even for a novice like me! I used the L'Oreal Preference Glam Highlights kit in N.03 for dark blonde to light brunette hair. It's the one from the advert with Jennifer Lopez and her amazing mane telling you to 'Go Bronde!'. Yeah that one. 

It comes with a really easy to use three pronged brush which you squeeze the dye onto and brush through the hair to create the highlights. I started slightly away from the roots for a more natural look and applied light pressure at the top and more pressure at the ends. I also applied more dye to the ends of my hair for an ombre effect. I had to get my Mum to help me do the back of my hair so I didn't leave any big gaps but I think generally if you have longer hair you could quite easily split your hair in half at the back, bring it forward and do it that way without an extra pair of hands. I left the dye on for about thirty minutes as I was worried it would go too blonde although you can leave it on for up to forty minutes. There's actually a really great video on the L'Oreal Paris youtube channel (see here) which shows you the best way to use it which I found really helpful too!


I think this particular shade (N.03) of the L'Oreal Preference Glam Highlights kit has been very popular as it seems to be sold out everywhere I go. I really wanted to get hold of another pack to put a bit more blonde in the front of my hair. Thankfully though I found that the L'Oreal Preference Wild Ombres N.01 kit contains the exact same dye products in the box, the only different being the brush so I've kept the three pronged brush to use with this instead. Boots seems to still have it in stock online however so if you want to try it, I suggest you stock up fast!

Will you guys be changing up your hair for the summer? Maybe you've already given L'Oreal Glam Highlights a try? Let me know your thoughts below!

L'Oreal Preference Glam Highlights N.03 - £7.49 boots.com
L'Oreal Preference Wild Ombres N.01 - £7.49 boots.com

Ellie x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig