Friday 6 February 2015

Max Factor Creme Puff Blush - Review & Swatches


A new release from Max Factor this month was the Creme Puff Blush, described as being 'multi tonal shades designed to blend and build effortlessly'. I was quite curious to try them and seeing that they were in a 3 for 2 offer in Boots I picked up the shades; 'Lovely Pink', 'Seductive Pink' and 'Gorgeous Berries'. 'Lovely Pink' is a gorgeous pale pink with a light gold and slightly darker pink running through it, 'Seductive Pink' a slightly more orange toned pink with darker pink tones and 'Gorgeous Berries' is a purple-pink shade with a red-pink tone running through it. 


First things first, I don't normally mention the packaging of products I'm reviewing, generally I'm more interested in what's inside. However, I'd just have to point out that that these little pots are really well designed. They're very sturdy and click shut nice and tight and definitely wouldn't pop open in your bag. Also, I'm not sure if it's the packaging or the actual blushers themselves but they just feel a little more luxurious than your average blusher from a high street brand which makes me like them even more! 

The blushes themselves are a lot more wearable than they look in the pot as the colour blends out beautifully leaving a pretty, natural glow. I think they may well be the softest textured blushers I've ever used which makes them a real pleasure to use! You do have to be light handed when applying however as they're very pigmented, this is where the blending out comes in handy, but after a few days of use I got the hang of how much I needed to swirl on my brush. All the colours I tried had a very subtle gold shimmer through them which gives a gorgeous glowy highlight to the skin too.

             - Lovely Pink -                             - Seductive Pink -                         - Gorgeous Berries -

I'm incredibly pale (as I'm sure you've judged from these pictures!) so most blushers tend to show up on my skin really as quite a vibrant colour but I do get the feeling that these would be very build-able on darker skin also. There are six colours available in all, with a variety of tones and colours available suitable for all skin tones. I've got my eye on the more coral toned colours ready for Spring/Summer!

Just as an end note, in the pictures above don't you think they all look like the exact same colour?! I have absolutely no idea why, probably my rubbish photography skills! Just trust me, in real life they all look quite different. Also, I don't normally wear that much blush on my cheeks, I just wanted you to be able to really see the colour!

Will you be giving the Max Factor Creme Puff Blushes a try or maybe you already have? Let me know your thoughts below!

Max Factor Creme Puff Blush £8.99 boots.com

Ellie x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig