Friday 13 February 2015

La Roche-Posay Pigmentclar Eyes Review


When the lovely guys at Chemist Direct contacted me and very kindly offered the opportunity to review a few products from their site I jumped at the chance to first off try the new La Roche-Posay Pigmentclar Eyes. Using an eye cream is quite a new thing for me, only now am I realising the benefits of using a seperate eye cream to my regular moisturiser. Especially now as I hit my twenties, I really want to get into a lifetime habit of  looking after my skin.

Pigmentclar Eyes is described as a 'dark circle skin-evening corrector', the idea of which really drew me to try it. I've always wondered why even when I get a great nights sleep I still have really dark under eye circles. According to La Roche-Posay blue circles are 'due to poor circulation' and brown dark circles are 'caused by melanin overproduction'. Thank god for concealer that's all I can say! 
It contains concentrated PhE-Resorcinol, which after a quick google search turns out to be a brightening compound apparently 100x more powerful than vitamin C. The other ingredients include Ferulic Acid (antioxidant & sun protective benefits) and Ginkgo (enhances blood circulation). There's plenty there which backs up it's claim to reduce dark circles but does it actually work? 


When first applied you certainly notice a brightening effect around the eyes. The skin looks lighter which draws your eye away from the dark circles but doesn't necessarily make them go away. The brightening effect also only really lasts about 15 mins and I can't say I've noticed much improvement in my dark circles yet. I've been using it for a few weeks now so who knows, it may take longer to start working and I'm confident that thanks to the ingredients, prolonged use will 'fingers crossed' improve my dark circles. One thing I do particularly like about Pigmentclar Eyes however is the metal applicator, it feels really cooling and soothing under the eyes and certainly makes my eyes feel lees puffy first thing in the morning. The cream itseld sinks in to the skin very easily even without using your fingers and feels like a slightly more delicate way to apply under your eyes.

I have high hopes that after a few more weeks use the Pigmentclar Eyes will hopefully start to reduce my under eye circles. Even if it doesn't, it's a real joy to use especially first thing in the morning and I will happily carry on using it.

Have you tries La Roche-Posay Pigmentclar Eyes? Let me know your thoughts below!

La Roche-Posay Pigmentclar Eyes £22.99 chemistdirect.co.uk

Ellie x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig