Thursday 19 February 2015

I Finally Did It... My New Short Hair!


I finally took the plunge last week and got the hair cut I've been after for ages, a bob! I've generally always had lots of long, swishy hair which at one point nearly reached my waist so it's completely different to what I'm used to! But I absolutely LOVE it, it's so easy to style and I can wash and dry it in under 10 minutes, who knew it didn't take an hour to do your hair?! In case you want to see what my hair used to look like, click here.

I got my hair cut at Headmasters in Farnham by a very lovely stylist called Brooke who understood exactly what I wanted. I think if we were on different wavelengths I probably would have backed out but thankfully she got it completely. I showed her a few reference pictures of Lily Collins' bob as well as a layered bob by Anh Co Tran, if you're ever in need of hair inspiration then take a look at his website, the man works magic on hair! 


In the end we decided on the length to be just between my chin and shoulders with long layers as my hair is so thick and using thinning shears to take out some bulk and give it more of the edgy, textured look that I was after. She also used the ghd wave wand (I NEED me one of those!) to add in some natural looking waves, at home I use my straighteners and brush it through then scrunch it with Label M sea salt spray. She also gave me some great tips including only curling the top layer of my hair as it's the only bit you're going to see and saves loads of time too. I thoroughly recommend a trip to see Brooke at Headmasters Farnham if you live in the area, I've already got my next appointment booked!

What do you guys think of my new hair? Let me know below!

Ellie x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig