Tuesday 20 January 2015

Trilogy Botanical Beauties - Rosehip Oil Review


After hearing many a good thing about rosehip oil and it's amazing skin benefits I was dying to try it out. Turns out this stuff isn't cheap but thankfully I had some amazon vouchers to use that I'd gained from doing online surveys. (In case you're interested, the websites I use are valuedopinions.co.uk and pinecone research.) I decided to go with the trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil, mainly because the free Botanical Body Wash and the pretty reusable box it came in swayed me. 

So lets start with the benefits, well according to trilogy, rosehip oil is 'clinically shown to help improve the appearance of scars and stretch marks' as well as delivering 'all over nourishment and hydration'. I have very sensitive skin which gets irritated easily by perfumed products so I decided I could use this in replacement of moisturiser. 



I already feel a lot happier about using a natural product on my skin and my face is really thanking me for it too. Initially the idea of a facial oil didn't appeal to me as I have oily skin and I didn't much like the idea of adding to the problem. Thankfully it works really well, it sinks in really quickly and doesn't leave behind any kind of oily residue. Honestly, it makes my skin feel the softest it has ever felt and not only that it seems to have toned down the redness too. 

So far so good but the main reason I bought this was the promise that rosehip oil reduces the appearance of scars and broken veins. I have both scars from spots and broken veins around my nose which irritate me immensely. I know, I know, silly things to worry about! The scars have pretty much disappeared which is great and I've noticed a slight improvement in the broken veins but nothing significant yet. I have only been using it for about three weeks so I'm hoping to see more improvement the longer I use it.


The Botanical Body Wash included in the gift set is an added bonus, It 'contains native New Zealand kawa kawa extract' which smells absolutely amazing. Really refreshing, kind of like how a spa smells. It's a good size bottle too considering it's an added gift.   

The trilogy Botanical Beauties Gift Set is slightly on the pricey side but it's good to know that it contains natural, organic ingredients and is SLS free so it won't irritate my skin. There are cheaper alternatives of Rosehip Oil available but this is a really great luxury gift set and would make a perfect gift for any skin care loving friends you might have.

Trilogy Botanical Beauties Gift Set - £19.50 amazon.co.uk 

Ellie x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig