Monday 7 April 2014

OOTD - A Girl In Pink Plaid


This isn't a whole outfit post but I couldn't not share with you this gorgeous pastel pink plaid dress I picked up from New Look at the weekend. I'm like, totally channelling Clueless and doing my best valley girl accent, in the words of Cher 'AS IF!' I have to admit though when I first saw it on the rail I thought there is no way I would wear that but my sister convinced me I should try it on. Low and behold as soon as I put it on I completely fell in love with it. It's way out of my comfort zone of something I'd normally wear but it's good to try something different every once in a while even if my Mum says that I look like a school girl in it, I really don't need to look younger than I already do!

I love the little white collar and cuffed sleeves, that's what really makes the dress for me as well as the pretty pastel colours of the tartan design. It's a great way to take the tartan trend that I loved all during the winter through to Spring/Summer. It fits like a dream and actually makes me look as if I have curves and not just straight up and down and the length is perfect, half way above my knees. I plan on pairing it with my oversized light wash denim jacket and tan leather satchel plus bare legs instead of tights once the weather gets warmer.


Tartan Tunic Dress £22.99 newlook.com

I really recommend you pop in to New Look for a browse, they have some really great stuff in there at the moment and there was quite a few things I could have bought but didn't. It's really great value for money as well compared to some of the other more popular high street shops.

I'd love to hear your thoughts about this dress, is it something you'd wear? Let me know below!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig