Thursday 3 April 2014

New Additions To My Makeup Bag

It's fair to say I've been stuck in a makeup rut recently with regards to what products I've been using every day. I've tended to stick to the same products in my makeup routine and not really bother trying anything different. So what did I do to get out of my rut, I went and bought more makeup of course because obviously I don't have enough *ahem*. Too many products I've bought in the past have gone unused seeing as I've stuck to my fail safe favourites but from now on I vow to be more adventurous in the beauty department. Well, you've got to start somewhere haven't you!

This last month I've been trying out plenty of new products and I thought I'd share which ones have impressed me the most and become new everyday essentials. I've veered more towards those that will see me through the sunnier months of the year which has definitely affected my decisions based on what I've picked.



Essie 'Mint Candy Apple' - £7.99 boots.com Technically I only got this last week but I can already tell it's going to be on my nails until the end of Summer. It's such a gorgeous shade and I'm really kicking myself that I didn't try it sooner.

No7 Pop and Glow Cream Blush Stick 'Rose Blossom' - £9.95 boots.com I reviewed this on my blog a couple of weeks ago (take a look here) and I've found myself using it pretty much every day since. The colour matches the natural flush of my cheeks perfectly and I no longer find myself reaching for any of my usual powder blushes.

Soap and Glory One Heck Of A Blot - £12 boots.com For now this has replaced my trusty Rimmel Stay Matte powder although I am a little put off by the price. However this has to be the best mattifying powder I've tried so maybe it is worth paying the extra for. It keep everything in place all day and stops shine from reappearing.



Seventeen Back Lash Mascara - £6.49 boots.com I'm loving the effect of really natural fluttery lashes this mascara gives. In fact I feel like it gives the illusion of you not wearing any mascara at all. The trick is that the brush picks up just the right amount of product so you don't end up with thick clumps, not to mention that it really seperates out the lashes too.

Revlon ColourBurst Matte Balm 'Unapologetic' - £7.99 boots.com I like to use this in two ways; for daytime I'll blot it on my lips with my fingers and smudge it out for just a hint of colour. If I'm going out in the evening I'll apply it from the stick for a really vibrant matte lip.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation 'Vanille' - £10.99 boots.com Once the sun starts rearing it's head I like to use a more light weight foundation and I've found this one really fits the bill for me. I'd never used a gel foundation before but it really works well with my combination skin. It's low coverage but covers all redness and stays put pretty much all day, I'm definitely a healthy mix convert!

Have you made any new additions to your makeup bag recently? I'd love some recommendation so let me know below!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig