Thursday 2 January 2014

Top 5 - Best of 'A Girl Called Eleanor' 2013


2013 was a big year for me blogging wise because it was the year I started this blog way back in April. For 8 months now I have been regularly updating my blog each week and recently I wrote my 100th post, yay me!
I thought it would a pretty good idea to do a round up of the 5 most popular posts on 'A Girl Called Eleanor' in 2013 as a nice way to round off the year that was so lets take a look shall we? To see the corresponding post either click the link or the picture above.


5. Number 5 is most recent of all of the top 5 and my favourite type of post to read at this time of year, it's what I got for Christmas. It could be that I am perpetually nosey, ok yes it is, but I love seeing what everyone gets for Christmas and that's the only reason I made my own post. I got some amazing gifts this year and was thoroughly spoilt by my lovely family. If you're as nosey as me then take a look at what I got here.


4. At number 4 is a surprise entry, (ooh I feel like I'm on top of the pops) this post was all about home decor using the colour scheme aqua blue and coral. I guess I got inspired to do some home decor posts because I was redecorating my bedroom at the time. I haven't done any of these sorts of posts for a while but I think I will do more in the future, I really enjoy writing about home decor and they seem to be pretty popular. Check out the original post here.


3. Make up reviews have been very popular on my blog this year so it's no surprise this beauty features in the top 5. It's of course my review of the Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Lipstick in the shade 'Peach Passion. I didn't stop wearing this lipstick throughout the summer and the packaging is just so stunning which makes it a real winner in my eyes! I suggest you take a look at my review here, but be warned, it may make you part with your cash immediately afterwards.


2. The popularity of this post is slightly surprising to me as I haven't heard many people talking about the Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam mascara but my review of it has been my most popular beauty review of 2013 especially from google searches. I rave about this mascara constantly and I haven't used any other since I've tried it which only means one thing, you should definitely try it! I'm sure my review here will persuade you!


1. At number 1 is my most exciting post of 2013, my 100th post and also my very first giveaway of a gorgeous Bobbi Brown eye palette. Unfortunately my giveaway has now closed but it was extremely successful and I was completely overwhelmed by the response so thank you to all you lovely lot who entered! I am planning more giveaways for 2014 so keep checking back on A Girl Called Eleanor for more chances to win. Have a gander at the lovely prize here.

So it's a real mixed bag of post for 2013, I'm still tweaking my writing style as well as what subjects to write about so it's interesting for me to do this kind of post, in fact I'd love some feedback on what you think works/doesn't work and what you'd like to see more of on A Girl Called Eleanor in 2014.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig