Tuesday 21 January 2014

Review - Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick 'In Love With Ginger'


After my last fiasco with the not so orange lipstick (see here) I think I finally found one I'm happy with, yipee! You know what it's like when your testing every single lipstick in the drug store until your arms are a rainbow of pinks, reds and oranges, well that was me. So this is what I came away with, the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in the shade 600 'In Love With Ginger' a vibrant, orangey red with a glossy finish.  

It is slightly more orange in real life compared to what my camera picked up but not too bright to make it a Spring/Summer only lipstick. The formula is as I said very glossy, it glides on beautifully and yet richly pigmented which is very important to me in a lipstick. The staying power isn't great, it will stay put until you eat or drink something but generally I think that's the price you have to pay with glossy lipsticks so it doesn't really bother me.


Accordig to Rimmel it contains 'polypeptides, hyaluronic acid and natural collagen' which sounds a little scary but these are supposed to be 'super moisturisers' to make your lips 'feel up to 70% more hydrated'.  It does feel moisturising on my lips but I can't say I noticed much improvement in their condition, all I can say however is that it didn't cling to any dry bits which is always a bonus! Oh and I do just have to mention that the frangrance of this lipstick is not exactly pleasant, in fact it reminds me of gone off perfume, bleurgh! You can also taste it when you first apply it but thankfully it disappears pretty quickly!

This colour is just perfect for girls like me with pale skin and dark hair, without being modest I think it really complements my complexion and for some reason makes my eyes look incredibly blue! I'd definitely like to try some of the other colours in the range if they are all as pigmented as this one! 

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick - £6.49 boots.com

Have you tried the Moisture Renew Lipsticks? Is there any colours you would recommend? Let me know below!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig