Wednesday 15 January 2014

How to - Beachy Waves Using Straighteners


Each week I'll be sharing with you how to use your straighteners to create different styles other than straightening your hair. This week it's natural beach waves, creating natural volume in your hair with the help of straighteners. This works great if you have thin or fine hair and want to create some texture. 
It's so easy once you get the hang of it, just make sure you use a heat protection spray on your hair before you start!   
  • Start by sectioning off your hair 
  • Take a small section of hair, not too thick or it wont work as well.
  • Clamp the hair with your straighteners and turn it 180 degrees and start to pull it down the hair then quickly turn it 360 degrees the other way
  • Work your way all the way down your hair turning the straighteners alternate ways until you reach the end. Make sure you don't leave the ends of your hair flicking out  
  • Pull your fingers through your hair 
  • Once you've made your way around all of your hair spray with a texturising spray, I like to use salt spray, and scrunch the hair up.
For extra volume try backcombing the roots, only brush one way towards the roots so you don't damage your hair and it's easier to brush out.


What I used:
GHD V Sapphire Styler £135 very.co.uk
Label M Sea Salt Spray £13.25 labelm.com
Dove Heat Defence Mist £3.58 Available at Tesco

The great thing about this style is you can do it on any length of hair, even you short haired girls, I love a messy bob! Let me know if you give it a try!

*As a side note, can I just apologise for all the crap in the background of these pictures! This room had the best light but once I got them up on my laptop I realised they still looked rubbish so I slapped a filter on them instead!  I HATE Winter for taking pictures!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig