Tuesday 31 December 2013

New Year's Resolutions


For me 2013 has been a year of extreme highs and lows. There were certain points of the year which were incredibly challenging and starting this blog as well as the love of my family was what got me through it. The summer marked a turning point for me, after an incredible road trip around the East Coast of the USA I got home and decided the only thing holding me back was me! I've already started to face some of my fears and start doing the things I want to do but never had the confidence to see through and that's the main theme for one of my new year's resolutions;

1. To do more of what I want to do 
This could include a whole number of things be they large or small just as long as I'm where I want to be and I'm not stopping myself from going forward. 

My second resolution is this;
2. To not be so hard on myself
If I learnt anything this year it was that I just don't give myself a break! The whole time I was setting myself up for a fall because I was already expecting the fall to happen at any moment. The trouble with that is I wasn't giving myself any option, it was one way or no way, there was no alternative options like you would give a friend in the same position. I think we can all be guilty of that sometimes. I'm beginning to realise already just how much easier life by being kinder to yourself

My hopes for 2014 are that I start to see some more of the barriers I've set myself lifting and moving forward with new and exciting challenges. To be quite honest I'll be glad to see the back of 2013 but I suppose you have to face tough times in order to learn to deal with them and by heck I've learnt a lot this year! See ya 2013! 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig