Tuesday 17 December 2013

Christmas Party Essentials


You're gonna have to bear with me whilst I go a little Christmas crazy on my blog but before you know it it'll be all over so I'm damn well making the most of it! I love this time of year because there's just so many opportunities to get glammed up and have fun with your make up. You can get away with being a bit more daring with glitter and colour because if you can't at Christmas when can you!
I thought I'd do a post about my beauty essentials for the perfect Christmas party look, I haven't included every single product I would use, just the products I would really recommend.
(As an added note I'm really sorry the quality of the picture below is not great, I'm finding it really hard to take decent pictures now that the days are so dark! Stupid winter!)


Face
This foundation is pure magic I'm telling you! My use of concealer has considerably cut down since I've started using it and in my books that makes it a winner. Apply this with a foundation brush and you'll be good to go for the whole night.
Fancy dancing the night away without worrying about your make up slipping half way down your face? Then you definitely need to be using this primer throughout the party season. It's the only way to keep you looking perfect all night long which makes it a must have in my books. You can take a look at my review here.

Eyes
Liquid eyeliner will pick up any eye look, you can even get away with no shadow, as long as you've got a flick of eye liner you're good to go! This eyeliner is my favourite to use as it applies easily and lasts the longest out of any I've tried. You can read my review of it here or check out my guide to the perfect eyeliner.
I've already raved about this mascara on my blog so I had to give it a mention as an essential for any Christmas party look. It's a real bargain which gives you huge fluttery false lash look lashes, just what you need to add glamour to any eye look. You can take a look at my review here.
For a little extra help in the lash department I really recommend to try any of Eylure's false Eyelashes. They have a huge range of styles to choose from and the quality of them really isn't bad! I tend to go for more natural looking ones and amp it up with a bit of mascara. 

For a simple look try swiping this across the eyelid for a glittery wash of colour. The colour can be built up or blended it out making it easy to work with if  you haven't got much time to get ready for a party. You can check out my review here.


Lips
This ruby red lipstick is a favourite amongst beauty bloggers and it's not hard to see why. For a classic retro look swipe this on your lips and you'll be good to go. If you go for any look this Christmas season, red lipstick is timeless and effortless whilst looking like you've made an effort!
  


Nails
This nail polish came in my Ciate Advent Calendar this year and I had to include it purely because it's one of those classic reds that instantly gives you a Christmassy look. It looks super elegant and I'll definitely be wearing it come Christmas day! Why not have a look at my Christmassy nail look here.

What are your beauty essentials this Christmas season?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig