Friday 13 December 2013

A Christmassy Weekend at Center Parcs


I spent a really lovely long weekend at Center Parcs recently with my family as an early Christmas treat. If you're not familiar with Center Parcs, it's basically a holiday village set in park land where you leave your car in the car park on the first day and everyone walk or cycles. There's five villages across the UK and we visited Longleat Forest as it's closest to us. You have everything you need on site including a swimming paradise, (my favourite!) lots of restaurants, multiple starbucks and tons of really fun activities like tennis, badminton etc.  
Center Parcs is a real favourite with my family, I was only about five or sixth months old when I first visited so it's such a familiar place to me. I just love the atmosphere there, it feels happy and stress free, there's no rushing around and you don't need to travel far. What could be better for a short break! 
A this time of year they have a Winter Wonderland theme throughout the park and we all agreed afterwards that we felt very Christmassy! They'd really gone all out with fake snow, lots of twinkly lights, some singing reindeer and a brass band playing Christmas carols. They also had some real reindeer in the village square which were so cute and somehow bigger than I imagined.


On our last night they had an amazing fireworks display over the lake after which they held a Christmas Quiz in the sports bar. My family loves a quiz and we regularly join in our local pub quiz. Suprisingly to all of us we ended up winning the quiz and the winnings were spent the next morning in The Pancake House before we left, the perfect way to end a weekend!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig