Sunday 28 July 2013

A Day At The Zoo



Today we took a trip to Marwell zoo, a zoo which I've been visiting since I was a little girl and I have lots of very happy memories there. It's a lovely zoo set in the countryside which means the animals have tons of space to move around in as well as them being able to put different animals in together than would normally live together in the wild.

Like most people I'm a little wary of the word 'zoo', it depicts images of upset animals pacing tiny enclosures. Thankfully Marwell is the complete opposite to this and I think it's generally not accepted in this country to keep animals in that sort of environment. Marwell does so much with regards to conservation and you can tell the keepers have a real love for the animals they are tasked with looking after.

I do dislike that these animals aren't living in their natural environments but I guess in many circumstances it's the only way of protecting a species and improving the numbers of these animals left in the world.

From watching the TV programme The Zoo on ITV I've seen just how much goes on behind the scenes at zoos that we as the public wouldn't normally get to see so if you get a chance it's definitely worth a watch. 

We had such a lovely day and I thought I'd share some of my favourite pictures. Oh and I apologise for the quality of the pictures as they were all taken using my ipad and the lighting wasn't that great either.  
  


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig